Virtual Regatta Club House

ranking bug

Well, it is not a mandatory gate, just a suggested one. When the race opened, there was no gate and a very short delay to finish, so short that going to Bering seemed to be the only logical path. After, VR put the Good Hope Gate and changed the closing date of the race. So it is not a bug, just a mistake. That is what I roughly understood...

On 6/13/2024 at 5:54 AM, BlueSwallow said:

Well, it is not a mandatory gate, just a suggested one. When the race opened, there was no gate and a very short delay to finish, so short that going to Bering seemed to be the only logical path. After, VR put the Good Hope Gate and changed the closing date of the race. So it is not a bug, just a mistake. That is what I roughly understood...

I just started an attempt and was wondering what was happening.

On the zezo dashboard that buoy is in as a true buoy and not an invisible ranking gate. I have literally never seen a buoy in a race that isnt mandatory and there for shits and giggles, what nonsense is that?

The way the race is atm i think that buoy needs to be validated so is it just the few boats that got a lap in early going north and pretending Antarctica doesn't exist get to keep those times and all the rest of us now do the course as it is suggesting?

Really awful race management going on here.