Virtual Regatta Club House

Set up a club race

2 hours ago, skutsje said:

Well yeah, you need VIP to create custom races and share the private code with your fellow clubmates.

Non-VIP users can set up custom races, both private and public.  It costs 200 red tokens, I do this all the time.  VIP members avoid the per-race fee.

1 hour ago, Sisu said:

Does everyone need to be VIP or just the host? I ran a test where I (VIP) set up a race for a non-VIP club member and he wasn't able to join. He was able to after he got VIP.

Nobody needs to be VIP in the races I create for my club.  I can't speak to races created by a VIP user.  Though my guess is it's the same and any user can join a custom race.  

We have seen problems creating and joining races, notably at peak times when the game is bogged down.  Also user error, typing in the wrong code, and people trying to connect from slow/unreliable internet connections.

6 minutes ago, torsail said:

Non-VIP users can set up custom races, both private and public.  It costs 200 red tokens, I do this all the time.  VIP members avoid the per-race fee.

Nobody needs to be VIP in the races I create for my club.  I can't speak to races created by a VIP user.  Though my guess is it's the same and any user can join a custom race.  

We have seen problems creating and joining races, notably at peak times when the game is bogged down.  Also user error, typing in the wrong code, and people trying to connect from slow/unreliable internet connections.

Ok, the non-VIP I was testing it with said he couldn't access any custom races, but could once he joined VIP. You're not doing anything special like creating a club here on the forums, you're just sending your users an access code?

I was able to join using a non-VIP.  FIrst I used a VIP to setup the custom race.  When the non-VIP entered the Custom Race area, there was a pop-up in French talking about getting VIP access.  But if you just click off that pop-up, you can join the custom race with no problem.

• 3 weeks later...