Virtual Regatta Club House

What a disappointment!!!

Jasonguru

Hi. Starting with saying that the offshore game is awesome and well done. Brilliant.

The inshore though is a pathetic joke. Cannot steer properly at all and it is not as if i can plug a helm into a usb port and drive lmao.

Also, i have done a lot of research on rules and around 50% of the time when starting i am always immediately penalised when i am dropped into the game because i have supposedly broken the leeward/winward rule or the port/starboard rule. Had about 10 races and only not finished last once and that i think was 7 out of 8 lmao.

What a shame! I won't be playing this version ever again as the ability to slightly adjust heading is impossible due to lack of sensitivity and when you hold left/right down for a bit it goes crazy. Just not controllable.

Il y a 7 heures, Jasonguru a dit :

Hi. Starting with saying that the offshore game is awesome and well done. Brilliant.

The inshore though is a pathetic joke. Cannot steer properly at all and it is not as if i can plug a helm into a usb port and drive lmao.

Also, i have done a lot of research on rules and around 50% of the time when starting i am always immediately penalised when i am dropped into the game because i have supposedly broken the leeward/winward rule or the port/starboard rule. Had about 10 races and only not finished last once and that i think was 7 out of 8 lmao.

What a shame! I won't be playing this version ever again as the ability to slightly adjust heading is impossible due to lack of sensitivity and when you hold left/right down for a bit it goes crazy. Just not controllable.

I agree. controls are very bad and insenstitive. took met 10 to 20 races to be able to finish the first one. mostly end up 3rd or 4th with a few wins, because I almost always mess up the controls while steering. especially after rounding a buoy it is virutally impossible to be spot on the new heading or angle-to-wind. I've stopped playing

10 hours ago, DancingDjMike said:

I agree. controls are very bad and insenstitive. took met 10 to 20 races to be able to finish the first one. mostly end up 3rd or 4th with a few wins, because I almost always mess up the controls while steering. especially after rounding a buoy it is virutally impossible to be spot on the new heading or angle-to-wind. I've stopped playing

Thanks. Good to know am not the only one. I won't be playing inshore again unless races change and are much longer due to the controls. Agree 100%, especially rounding marks.

• 10 months later...

there is not much disagreement over the fact that, at times, the steering is smooth and that, at other times, the steering outright blows. the connection icon flickering does not help either if you're also getting that. the game, on certain days, is playable and enjoyable and, on other days, it is beyond frustrating. 

zero involvement from the development team with the community.

mostly radio silence.

so much potential.

so little effort.

• Like 1

hi Contingency,  It is my understanding that they will improve inshore and are willing to develop it for next season as momentum for esailing is growning.  

We have had feedback opportunities in Florida ( and believe me - we all did ? ) , so i think some of it will make its way in the game. (especially now that the rhum is past) 

thus, keep some hope :-) 

L1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L1 said:

hi Contingency,  It is my understanding that they will improve inshore and are willing to develop it for next season as momentum for esailing is growning.  

We have had feedback opportunities in Florida ( and believe me - we all did ? ) , so i think some of it will make its way in the game. (especially now that the rhum is past) 

thus, keep some hope :-) 

L1.

excellent news.

hope will be kept.

:)