Virtual Regatta Club House

Time to reset the leader board!

GlugWort

The top sailer's who have been doing this for years, are so far out of reach. They can never be toppled. This is demoralising for new players, and seasoned players, who will need a life time to not even get close to the top.

Give the top sailers a Star, a bling, a dot to indicate their status.

And reset the score card!

Give new talented players the chance to head the standing for once. 

The game could be reset each 4th year. Using say the Van-de-globe as the new beginning for the next 4 years.

To gain a status ought to be hard, with only the best 3 at the end of the season gaining one.

Then all scores are levelled for the next season (4 years). 

This is just an idea, can be improved upon. 

As the leader board is, it's a Joke, You don't see soccer carry on year after year accumulating points. It's silly. Each season has a fresh start. Giving hope to every one. 

This would also encourage more races to be entered, knowing you can at least get some where on the over all standing if you are persistent. 

Some of the top players could take a year off, and still head the leader board. 

That shows how silly the ranking is. 

Reset, and breath fresh life into the game. 

• Thanks 1

Hello GlugWort

I know it's sometimes frustrating but beating Speedou (François) is not impossible if you choose your playground well. It is an interesting challenge, however, because the animal is very strong ;).

Ocean racing is not a handicap race.

M

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2020 at 11:23 PM, GlugWort said:

The top sailer's who have been doing this for years, are so far out of reach. They can never be toppled. This is demoralising for new players, and seasoned players, who will need a life time to not even get close to the top.

Give the top sailers a Star, a bling, a dot to indicate their status.

And reset the score card!

Give new talented players the chance to head the standing for once. 

The game could be reset each 4th year. Using say the Van-de-globe as the new beginning for the next 4 years.

To gain a status ought to be hard, with only the best 3 at the end of the season gaining one.

Then all scores are levelled for the next season (4 years). 

This is just an idea, can be improved upon. 

As the leader board is, it's a Joke, You don't see soccer carry on year after year accumulating points. It's silly. Each season has a fresh start. Giving hope to every one. 

This would also encourage more races to be entered, knowing you can at least get some where on the over all standing if you are persistent. 

Some of the top players could take a year off, and still head the leader board. 

That shows how silly the ranking is. 

Reset, and breath fresh life into the game. 

Or consider the last year or so points received

Hello GlugWort,

I'm sure you've noticed that VRO is a game with a double ranking.

One ranking is XP. Well XP is XP, it's your experience in the game. You win XP each time you sail a race. Some players are sailing since first version of VR in 2006. I don't really remember when the ranking started. First there was only VSR and 2 or 3 years ago the double ranking appeared with XP and VSR. There is absolutely no reason to reset XP, this wouldn't be fair.

VSR (Virtual Sailing Ranking) is really the leader board of the game as you win VSR point when you perform well and you lose VSR point when you don't. Anybody with a little time and patience can reach the top of the leader board, you need to sail as many races as you can and make great results.

The top VSR that I can see in the game are sailing very often, almost each race so they can win a lot of VSR point.

But there is one point I agree. If you reach the top of the VSR leader board and stop playing for many years, you will always be a top VSR.

To avoid this, I think that every time a race start, or every week or month, all the players in the game should lose a number of VSR points or a percentage. That won't change the leader board because everybody will loose VSR point. But if you stop playing, for a while you'll keep your XP, but little by little you'll go down in the VSR ranking, and new players can get at the top of the leader board.

There's a little work to tune the rule fairly, perhaps only players above 2500 VSR lose points, perhaps the players start to loose VSR point after 10 weeks without racing, I don't know. But I'm sure that there must be a rule to prevent inactive players staying in the top VSR.

• 2 weeks later...