Virtual Regatta Club House

VIP Inshore - unsubscribe

mjpicks

Hi mjpicks

It probably is no help to you but I also subscribed and recently paid for the first month VIP pass (on VR Inshore). I also want to cancel my rolling-subscription so that I am not charged any more.

There is no place where auto-renew is able to be turned off as far as I can see (I have looked extensively).

@VR staff members please advise where auto-renew can be stopped for those users who purchased the VIP member subscription on a Desktop (OSX NOT IOS or Android)

Bre

3 hours ago, Vector said:

Sorry to hear that guys,  have you tried getting a refund from the company you purchased the subscription from?  apple or google pay ? 

www.virtualregatta.zendesk.com/hc/fr/articles/360011455593-Comment-annuler-mon-abonnement-VIP-

This query I believe was for those who purchased direct via credit card (not via Apple or Android using Apple Pay or Google pay), the payment was accepted and charged. Are you really suggesting that we should contact the credit card company to stop the recurring payment as there is no where on the program/App to do so?

il y a 26 minutes, beedoc a dit :

This query I believe was for those who purchased direct via credit card (not via Apple or Android using Apple Pay or Google pay), the payment was accepted and charged. Are you really suggesting that we should contact the credit card company to stop the recurring payment as there is no where on the program/App to do so?

With your phone, you have to go into subscription management and do the process directly. In the apps, there is no problem to cancel a VIP subscription.
On the other hand, on PC it can happen that the unsubscription is not taken into account and in this case it is necessary to contact the support.

1 hour ago, Pat-Rock said:

With your phone, you have to go into subscription management and do the process directly. In the apps, there is no problem to cancel a VIP subscription.
On the other hand, on PC it can happen that the unsubscription is not taken into account and in this case it is necessary to contact the support.

I contacted support on 23 March (and 30 March) and when they eventually responded it was with a link I had already read and followed before contacting them. They have not replied further.

It is important to note that the behaviour of the system (Mac OSX/Firefox) is that it doesn't allow you to access any option to Unsubscribe. Clicking Checkout takes you to a Gold Card showing a red "Active" band, clicking the gold card makes it jump slightly but it doesn't open a menu.

This was the response form support.

----------------------------

Hello

The following article might help you : How do I cancel my VIP subscription?

Have a nice day :)

Finally the reply arrived:

We have canceled the renewal of your VIP subscription.
It will end at the end of your current renewal period

I hope they will fix this problem for the future.

If you are planning to subscribe a VIP Account use your smartphone! Subscribe and cancel it from Apple (or Google) is so easier!

I received this reply from support a short time ago.

Jessica (Virtual Regatta Offshore)

Apr 8, 10:37 CEST

Hello,

We have canceled the renewal of your VIP subscription.
It will end at the end of your current renewal period.

Have a nice day !

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had read this conversation earlier. Only subscribed to VIP account yesterday to see what it's like for a month and now finding it also impossible to find out where to cancel! Absolutely terrible. Have managed to send them a request via their Zen Desk so we'll see what happens

Inacceptable. 

"Bonjour , cela fait 4 fois que je fais un email sans réponse.
Je vous demande expressément d'annuler les abonnements VIP de virtual Inshore souscrit sur pc. Il est impossible de se désinscrire depuis un PC
Je vous demande Cela pour 2 adresses emails :
........@g.....com 
........@...com       ( mon fils )

Si il y a un prélèvement vous m'obligeriez à prendre des dispositions pour me rapprocher de ma protection juridique."

CGU Les abonnements peuvent être gérés par l'utilisateur et le renouvellement automatique peut être désactivé en accédant aux paramètres du compte de l'utilisateur après l'achat.

Je vais finir par mettre tout cela sur les réseaux qui parle de VR inshore ... 

• Like 1

Es sencillamente increíble que sea imposible dar de baja la suscripción vip en un pc. Esto tiene que ser ilegal y habla muy mal de su compañía. Exigimos una solución.

It is simply unbelievable that it is impossible to unsubscribe the vip subscription on a PC. This has to be illegal and speaks very poorly of your company. We demand a solution.

Le cadre légal :

Votre contrat doit fixer une période de préavis pour demander une résiliation : par exemple, avant le 10 de chaque mois pour un renouvellement mensuel le 15.

De plus, le prestataire doit vous informer régulièrement par écrit (lettre ou courrier électronique) de votre droit à ne pas renouveler votre contrat. Il doit le faire au plus tôt 3 mois et au plus tard 1 mois avant la fin de chaque période de préavis. Cette information doit être délivrée dans des termes clairs et compréhensibles. Elle doit mentionner, dans un encadré apparent inclus dans la lettre ou le courrier électronique, la date limite de non-reconduction.

Ces informations doivent vous être délivrées à chaque renouvellement du contrat. Par exemple, si votre contrat se renouvelle automatiquement tous les mois, votre prestataire doit vous envoyer une telle lettre ou courrier électronique tous les mois.

Les dispositions des articles L215-1 à L215-3 et L241-3 du code de la consommation doivent également figurer sur le contrat.

Vous êtes donc informé 2 fois de la possibilité de mettre fin au contrat :

• lors de sa rédaction,
  • et ensuite à chaque renouvellement.

Les conditions de résiliation doivent être indiquées dans le contrat. Par exemple, par lettre recommandée avec accusé de réception. Vous n'avez pas besoin de donner un motif. Vous devez respecter le préavis fixé par le contrat.

Si vous demandez la résiliation, votre contrat s'arrête dès la date de renouvellement automatique. Vous ne pouvez alors plus bénéficier du service à partir de cette date. Vous devez payer au prestataire les frais dus jusqu'à la date de fin de votre contrat, et ce que quelle que soit la date à laquelle vous avez demandé la résiliation.

MERCI A VR D'APPLIQUER LE CADRE LÉGAL DANS LE CAS CONTRAIRE ILS S'EXPOSENT A DES POURSUITES JUDICIAIRES

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Votre contrat de vente forcé que vous ne respectez pas, vous vendez pour 1 mois et il n'y a pas de possibilité d’accéder aux paramètre des compte :

CONDITIONS GÉNÉRALES D’UTILISATION

VIRTUAL REGATTA

Article 7 : Modalités d’achat de crédits/options/abonnements.

L’Utilisateur (...)

Les abonnement sont disponibles pour une période de 3, 6 ou 12 mois(🤢pas clair acheté pour 1 mois🤢 )(renouvelable automatiquement). L'abonnement se renouvelle automatiquement sauf si le renouvellement automatique est désactivé au moins 24 heures avant la fin de la période en cours.

Les abonnements peuvent être gérés par l'utilisateur et🤢 le renouvellement automatique peut être désactivé en accédant aux paramètres du compte de l'utilisateur après l'achat.🤢

• Thanks 1

I have same problem, no option to unsubscribe from auto renew.  I have emailed through multiple channels 6 times in the past week AND contacted both  the CEO and CTO directly through Linkedin.    I have received ZERO replies other than automated messages which mean nothing.

Please can anyone help me if you have direct emails to the VR staff?  I would like to send a direct request as VR is clearly sitting on receiving cash and not managing its customers correctly.

Appalling customer service from VR.  

I took out the VIP subcription on behalf of the sailing club from my laptop. I received an email confirming the subscription but couldn't set the user with that email and I couldn't see how to cancel the subscription. I've emailed support to ask, when the time comes how do I cancel the subscription. I've had a reply telling me I'm not a VIP user. I've sent a reply with screen shots to prove it and I'm waiting for a reply. It shouldn't be difficult to add a cancel feature on the web app. If they tell be how to cancel it I'll update the post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The ability to cancel the VIP subscription has only recently appeared on the website. Prior to May 28, the settings button only brought up the left hand selection panel. There was no right hand panel with a Subscription button. I know, because after using the one month VIP subscription purchased directly through the website from my PC, I could find no way of cancelling the auto renewal. This included thorough searching of this conversation, where many people have complained about having the same problem for cancelling VIP subscription  purchased direct through the website, with no effective response from VR.

I emailed VR on 28 May requesting that they cancel my VIP subscription to VR Inshore by 2 June, prior to the auto renewal on 3 June, and received no reply. I have now received notification from my credit card company of a pending transaction, which is the autopayment for another month of VIP subscription. I no longer wish to continue the VIP subscription, as I have ceased creating eSailing races for my club. I also took the precaution of reducing the balance in my prepaid credit card as I didn't want ongoing unauthorised payments to VR.

Today, prior to raising a disputed transaction with my credit card company, I have again accessed this conversation, and was surprised to see Dave's post above. I went into the Settings, and can now see that my subscription is currently Active and has been auto-renewed for another month to 3 July. I have selected End my Subscription, and will also be emailing VR to notify them that I will be disputing this unauthorised transaction, and will be informing my sailing colleagues of what I consider deceptive merchandising tactics.

• 2 weeks later...

This is unbelivable, I strongly recommend never buy any subscription at Virtual Regatta and absolutely never give them your credit card number. All written above happened also to me. Indeed this is the topic for police.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Same stuation. There is no unscubscribe link as you describe in Help pages. I thought there is not an autorenw but today again 29.99 EUR in my credit card.. Please unsubscribe and repay 29.99 EUR to my credit card! Tehre is no customer relations mail, there is no "communicate us" link etc.. You do not need such easy ways to gain money.Typical easy swindler tricks.. 

Le 12/02/2021 à 17:08, Dencha IE a dit :

Same stuation. There is no unscubscribe link as you describe in Help pages. I thought there is not an autorenw but today again 29.99 EUR in my credit card.. Please unsubscribe and repay 29.99 EUR to my credit card! Tehre is no customer relations mail, there is no "communicate us" link etc.. You do not need such easy ways to gain money.Typical easy swindler tricks.. 

Pour moi aussi je ne pouvais pas désactivé l'abonnement

Seul solution à ma vue contacter votre banque et mettre fin à votre carte bancaire, car si votre carte n'est plus active à votre banque ils ne pourrons plus prendre quoi que ce soit dessus

Sinon pour moi c'est de la pure escroquerie, arnaque appeler çà comme vous voulez mais il y a aussi des lois pour ce genre de fraude.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue for me. There is no option/link/button on the computer to cancel the VIP subscription renewal. I've sent an email to support, already 2 weeks ago, and I have received NO reply at all. 
I didn't subscribe through Apple or Google Play, but directly from the computer and a credit card, managed with the Stripe platform. 

I've contact to the Stripe platform, and they've told me to contact directly to Virtual Regatta, as they don't have records and direct data of the operations ...

Please cancel and refund the 3 months subscription and automatic renewal. It is urgent !!!!! 

It's incredible !!!!

• 6 months later...

VR is definitely a rip off. Never, never again ! I wrote 5 emails to support@virtualregatta.com also using the web form on their site. Guess what ? No answer so far. I have contacted my credit card company and they stopped the payment to VR. Eventually I found an "Unsubscribe" link under settings, clicked it and deleted my account. I hope this is the final adieu to VR. I will report this company to the The European Consumer Centres Network.